Windows 10 is working fine, and suddenly out of nowhere, it shows up an error message saying that the Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43) on the screen. You might be worrying about the problem occurred in your computer. Well, the error code 43 appears when Windows is not able to recognize the USB device which may signal that problem is occurring because of a bug in the Windows or the Device.
In case you are facing the same error then don’t wait to follow the guide as it is about to troubleshoot the Error Code 43 in Windows 10.
Here, how to troubleshoot error code 43 in Windows 10
Diagnosing the Device Manager
1. Open Control Panel.
2. Go to Device Manager.
3. Now, navigate to the compromised device and right click on it.
4. Choose Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
5. Click Ok and uninstall the device.
6. Now, select and right-click on your computer name from the device list.
7. Select Scan for hardware changes from the menu.
8. It will scan the system and automatically reinstall the device.
9. Again, right-click on the device to select Properties. A box will pop up on the screen.
10. In the General tab in the box, you will see a message saying that the device is working.
Uninstall the Driver update
Sometimes, a driver must have incorrectly installed in the system. In that case, rolling it back could make the device work properly.
1. In the Device Manager, select a device.
2. Now, right click on it to open a drop-down menu.
3. Click Properties and select Driver tab from the popup box.
4. Select Roll Back Driver and click Yes.
System File Checker Scan
A system file checker scan is a full system file scan which detects and repairs the damaged files in the computer. The SFC scan is a workable method to eliminate the error.
1. Open search box in your Windows and type cmd to open Command Prompt.
2. Now, type sfc/ scannow in command and press Enter.
3. Try to rerun the device.
Update your system’s BIOS
Outdated BIOS is unable to process the task which will bring in unsuccessful results by displaying errors on the screen. It becomes very essential to update BIOS in your system which can resolve the error Code 43 in your Windows.
Install Windows updates
Sometimes, a driver is not compatible with the older version of Windows hence the system finds it difficult to recognize the USB device. Installing updates of the Window will let you bring the desired results. With Updates, Windows will receive the files compatible with the USB device.
The methods will work to troubleshoot the error code 43, and you will no longer face the issue while transferring the data with a USB device.
John Morrison is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, John has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as www.office.com/setup